I am in the midst of exploring, very deeply, what health is. What supports it. What undermines it.
The deeper I go, the more I come to see that there are fundamental perspectives that must be embraced first. That before we can even decide what healthcare or medicine looks like for each of us, we must first develop a way of being in relationship with ourselves and all of Life that comes as close as we can to working with basic truths around what it actually takes to be healthy and to thrive.
Here is my attempt. Run it though your own system. What resonates? What challenges? Where could you begin?
The Embodiment Manifesto:
A Revolutionary Commitment To Redefining How We Care For Ourselves
Mission: To explore what is possible when we learn how to recognize and honor real human needs, live according to life-affirming values, express the Truth of who and what we are.
As Fully Sovereign & Embodied Beings, We Believe That:
- Who we are and how we live matters.
- Our health is our own responsibility.
- The single greatest contribution we will ever make to the world is how we take care of ourselves.
- Honoring real human needs is the basis for how we know and care for ourselves.
- Self-Care is built-in.
- Everything is Connected.
- The body is Intelligent & any signs or symptoms we experience are worthy of our attention.
- Claiming bodily sovereignty is a healthy act.
- Valuing our own life is valuing all Life.
- Good Medicine is always in the hands of the people: For the people, by the people, and of the people.